Sunday, June 12, 2011

It is time to get real!

If you are anything like me then you know how it feels to live with anxiety and OCD. I lived the first 25 years of my life with anxiety and ocd and had no idea what these feelings were. I grew up in a very normal household with an older sister and both of my parents who are still married today. Both of my parents loved me and I have a fabulous relationship with my entire family. OCD and anxiety are not necessarily due to your environment or just genetics. It is a little bit of both. Going public about my ocd and anxiety is not the easiest thing to do, but here it goes..... My goal and primary purpose of writing this blog is to reach out to others with similar conditions. I want to meet people who are living with similar conditions. I want to learn how they are managing and I want to help others if I can. I think there are so many people who struggle with these illnesses, but many of them are too afraid to get help for fear that they will be looked at as crazy or weak. I am here to tell you that I am living FABULOUSLY with my OCD and anxiety and you can to. I have been meeting with a counselor twice a month for about a year now. I cannot believe how much better I am. OCD and Anxiety do not go away, but you can learn to live with them. When did you finally get diagnosed? What was it like?

1 comment:

  1. I have had OCD for most of my life, the Anxiety did not show it's ugly head until four years ago. Panic Attacks!!!! I was always having a heart attack! Always! Fear of death is a big one. It is easier when you finally open up and not be ashamed of the problem, it's not our fault that we have OCD and Anxiety. That's the way we were made. I have learned to accept it, and live with it. Sometimes it wins, but not as often as it used to. My OCD has changed over the years. It started out fear of running people over with my trucks and today it's fear of death.

    Great Job! Keep up the fight!

    http://ocdblogs.blogspot.com/

    Twitter Name: fordsvtt

    ReplyDelete